We are recruiting 2 x Field-based Retail Merchandisers: 1 to cover the South East and 1 to cover the South West
As a Zest Field-based Merchandiser, you will work closely with the regional Account Manager to service a variety of group and independent garden centres within your regional area.
You will be responsible for developing great relationships with the store managers, ensuring merchandising displays are well maintained, managing stock and replenishment orders with them as well as educating on product care.
If you are a confident relationship builder with good practical DIY skills, a full driving licence and who enjoys managing their own time and customer base, this may be the perfect role for you.
Reporting to the Group Account Manager and working closely with the regional Account Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring product displays are set up correctly, well maintained, and replenished throughout the season.
You will be an ambassador for Zest and a key contact for our customers, helping to promote sales by developing excellent relationships, actively managing stock and educating on product care to make it easy for customers to do business with us.
Your duties will include, although will not be limited to:
* Setting-up and merchandising displays, assembling products, and ensuring accurate application of point of sale and pricing
* Actively building and developing relationships with customers, securing replenishment sales and managing price changes and credits
* Maintaining existing displays, cleaning, tidying and repairing when required
* Managing stock levels, replenishing from back stock and ordering additional stock when required
* Updating Salesforce after each visit, including photographs of the product areas
* Working with Account Managers to plan store visits, maximising efficiency and service levels
You’ll be part of an award-winning business with a strong focus on delivering consistently on our values. We know our employees are our most valuable asset and we encourage every member of the team to use their skills and knowledge to flourish and build a successful future together.
You’ll benefit from:
* A salary in the region of £26,500 to £28,000, dependent on experience
* Permanent contract, working 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday
* Employee healthcare cashplan with Medicash
* A range of high street discounts (including cinema, retail, gym membership etc.)
* 28 days holidays (inclusive of bank holidays) rising to 31 days with length of service
* Discretionary profit share and bonus scheme
* 40% discount off Zest garden furniture and decorative products
* 20% discount at the Woodworks Garden Centre and Café
* Long service awards
* At least a foundation of experience gained in a retail merchandising role
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
* Commercially aware, with good numeracy skills
* Self-motivated and highly organised
* Basic DIY / joinery skills
* IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office
* A full valid UK driving licence
* Ability and willingness to travel extensively across the region, with regular overnight stays (potentially 2-3 nights per week). Travel, accommodation and subsistence costs will be covered.
* For the South East region the Stevenage area would be a good central location and for the South West Bristol or surrounding area.
Although not essential as full training will be provided, experience within the garden centre or similar industry is advantageous.
All applications for this Field-based Retail Merchandiser vacancy are to be submitted by email to Recruitment@p-a-group.com and marked for the attention of Hazel Bainbridge.Contact us
These cookies are required for our website to operate and include items such as whether or not to display this pop-up box or your session when logging in to the website. These cookies cannot be disabled.
We use 3rd party services such as Google Analytics to measure the performance of our website. This helps us tailor the site content to our visitors needs.
We may use advertising services that include tracking beacons to allow us to target our visitors with specific adverts on other platforms such as search or social media. These cookies are not required but may improve the services we offer and promote.